Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Side by side...




Jerry made a suggestion that I put up a similar photo to the one that I already posted. The lighter (less orange) photo was set to just the portrait setting on the camera. I don't think I made any changes to aperture or shutter at this point. In this case, the orange glow from the candlelight setting on the camera produces a pretty nice effect - although something that I wouldn't be looking for if shooting something like a family portrait. Soon I'll actually get the self portrait up here!

6 comments:

  1. These pictures are wonderful. The colors are so vivid. I hope I can take some pictures like these in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of digital camera do you have? The picture looks great..I personally like the darker image better, it's different, I think the candlelight setting makes a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dennis, I really like these photos. And the second one with the candlelight setting really changes the mood. Very warm and great coloring. The shadowing it brings looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments everyone. I was just sort of messing around with the settings one night. These new digital SLR cameras are amazing - not only can you change the shutter speed and aperture like older SLR cameras, but also ISO, meetering, and they also have so many built-in pre-set options. I picked up a slightly used Olympus E-510 from ebay about a year ago for just around $300 (with a single lens). Have added onto it since then. I really like the sharpness and depth of field with this camera.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You photos are great. You picked a great pose and perfect lighting. Its very original, and by far not the adverage head shot. Koodles to you. Great Job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice Dennis... keep going with these....

    ReplyDelete