Sunday, May 30, 2010

Hello Classmates


Thursday, May 27, 2010

Hello Classmates

My name is Jacqueline Gonzalez and my fotothing username is: JacquelineG
I was able to participate in the graduation ceremony this year, but I still need to finish some credits in order to receive my Bachelors in Psychology. I met with my advisor to discuss my remaining credits and my options and I suggested him to be an easy and fun class, so when I reviewed the list of courses offerred for this mod and I saw Digital Photography I chose it without hesitation. One thing that I would like to share is that I am a preschool teacher and as an early childhood educator one of my responsibilities is to keep an ongoing portfolio for each student's development. An example of fine motor development is easy to see in a work sample, but when it comes to social/emotional development, pictures are the best samples. It is not difficult to read a written sample of a social development, but it is challenging to interpret it, by providing pictures it makes more sense for the parents and others.
About my self portrait I can say that I went shopping today and I took this picture on the window of a car. Before posting the picture I was undecided if I wanted to post it vertically or horizontally because both ways it looked different.
Posted by JacquelineG at 4:51 PM

4 comments:

  1. If by easy you mean not getting stressed about taking tests and writing papers, I'll go with that... It actually can take more time to do this class well and a regular academic class....

    Thanks for posting your fotothing screen name... I just added you as a friend.

    Love your self portrait! Nice seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Jerry
    For the past two years I have been stressed (good stress) taking many courses and with my discipline I have accomplished it with honors, so now I feel it is the time to take a course that I can have fun with, but at the same time it can help me in my career. I already have ideas of some pictures I would like to include in my student's portfolios (nature).

    ReplyDelete
  3. very interesting idea for self portrait

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is a great idea for a self portrait and very creative. It looks like it was a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete