Monday, May 24, 2010

Hello everyone...


Well, I've just signed on and figured I'd take a minute to post. I was into photography years ago in my early 20s with a Pentax SLR that I could never get to take good clear shots with. Recently I graduated from a point-and-shoot to an Olympus E-510 with the Oly 14-54mm f2.8 lens and a Sigma 55-200mm lens. I wanted to take this course to be able to take much better photographs of my family and my kids as they grow up (you'll all probably see lots of pictures of them here!). I am not artistic. Actually, I am probably as far from artistic as possible. I do want to learn how to take better photos, though.

To start things off, here's a photo of my wife when I was fooling around with different settings one evening (I think was the candlelight setting). My only concern is the no flash photography rule - hopefully I can work past that! This one was done with a photo reflector and my halogen work lights!

I look forward to learning as much as I can, meeting fellow students, and looking at everyone's interesting pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Nice going Dennis... your effort with the lighting paid off... it is a bit orange, but okay... it fits the mood. As a point of comparison, if you were to shoot this with only flash on camera and post the two side by side and ask for comments..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jerry. Yeah, it did turn out a little orange, but for this particular photo I think the effect is kind of nice. I do have another one with the camera set to just normal portrait (I mess around with aperture and shutter sometimes, but other times just use the different modes available through the camera). I'll post that one as well.

    ReplyDelete