Thursday, May 27, 2010

Hello Class!

Hello class,


My name is Laura Gerbe and my Fotothing user name is: lgerbe. I love taking pictures - always have, but have not done so lately due to a busy schedule. This class will give me the opportunity to once again reconnect with my camera and the outside world through its lens. I have a Nikon D40 which I absolutely love. There's no delay and it's so easy to use. I am new at a totally online class environment (and am taking 3!) as well as blogging, so please be patient with me until I learn the proper navigation. I realized yesterday that I need a new battery for my camera, so for now, I've posted a self-portrait which I took in Sonoma, CA. I look forward to viewing everyone's art and incorporating more creativity back into my life!


~Laura

6 comments:

  1. Hi Laura, nice photo of you in the outdoors. I'm a lover of being out in the woods and can't wait to take some more photos like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura, I like the picture of you being outdoors. I'm not an outdoor person so I hope to be able to take some creative pictures indoors. Look forward to seeing more pictures from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Laura, could you copy and paste the URL for your Fotothing page? I tried to find you by name but couldn't come up with anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful light, Laura! That is the main thing that you should be using this class... seeking out light (and design)...

    I need for you to post at least 1 picture to fotothing in order for me to add you as a friend....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments! I love playing around with different lighting and design as you'll see on my Fotothing page. Jerry, I've just now posted a few photos there and will take more tomorrow morning. Have fun everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful picture of nature. Great idea for my student's portfolios.

    ReplyDelete